XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, July 10, 2009

Hey, Hey Hollywood!

I bought some sunglasses while I was in Ohio because I left mine behind. My mom would say, "Hey Hollywood!" when I would put them on. I have to say, that my 'hollywoods' are coming in handy now-a-days. I've definitely been in a huge funk. I'm asking the Lord to give me a repentant heart for such discontentedness. It's a slow-going process, and my 'hollywoods' often cover my tear-swollen eyes. I may need to give up on mascara. It's becoming more and more difficult to be asked about our adoption. You have no idea. My tear ducts probably think it's normal now to be ready on a whim.

So, some good news:

I sent up a little prayer before I opened my mailbox today and GOD answered. Our updated I71-H was waiting! Now, I'm eager to send it forward to Haiti, just in case our expired fingerprints may be what's holding us up in IBESR.

Praise GOD for this piece of paper, delivered 4 weeks after the fingerprint renewal! :~) Hey, that's record time for USCIS!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

We are deep into Rookie tournament around here. Daniel's team came from behind the other night in a CrAzY game, winning over a very good, very agressive team, so we're stoked! We're still in the winner's bracket and ready to play tonight.

Check out my cutie patootie in uniform (and shhhh, I didn't just call him a cutie patootie in public!)


2 comments:

Mama said...

Heyyyyy Hollywood!!

He is a cutie patootie and we'll have another in t-ball before ya know it!!

CG said...

Ha, I remember wondering why in the world I ever wore mascara, too! I had a lot of long showers where no one could see the tears flowing down my face or hear my pitiful crying.

Continuing to pray for movement! This WILL all be over one day. Wish I could say something more comforting, but I know that this is a pain that can't be buried or hidden.

Come on, Lord, please!