XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, May 15, 2009

Water, Water, Everywhere

May is a wonderful time to catch the creeks full, brooks bubbling, rivers running, and falls exploding with water in the Smokies. Everywhere we would drive, we would go with the windows down to hear the water.

The Trailhead To Rainbow Falls....We didn't take this trail (2.6 miles 1 way), but this was pretty enough.


A constant scene as we rode through the park.
The Place Of A Thousand Drips, Cherokee Motor Trail
Laurel Falls, Top & Bottom
Mingo Falls, Cherokee, NC, one of the tallest in the park




I wanted to get out along side of the brooks sooo badly and wade. But, it's entirely too chilly yet, not too mention everywhere we stopped, the water was deep and running.


5 comments:

Mama said...

Yep...I can see why you would want to stay!

Salzwedel Family said...

Beautiful! I love the sound of running water. God's creation is so amazing.

Kathy Cassel said...

It's beautiful.

cristina said...

How beautiful!!

Tracy said...

Wow, we are definitely going to head that way this year!