XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

While I'm Dreaming Of The Beach....

art by David Stoecklein, photographer, allposters.com

My Mom has actually enjoyed the beach!!! And no, I don't think she should feel the least bit of guilt at leaving her daughter behind to freeze her patootie off in the Kentucky. :~P

She actually had something awesome to celebrate. This year marks the 5 Year Cancer Free date for her sister, Dawn. As Dawn went through grueling treatment for breast cancer, her happy thought was the beach. So, last year they began planning a

Disney Caribbean Cruise!!!!
They set sail on Saturday and they will be docking and heading back home tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures that my grandma, mom, and 3 aunts had while they celebrated a special milestone! In the mean time, I'm totally, like crazy, missing the almost daily conversations that I have with my mom. No cells or internet on the big boat. And last week, I lost my phone service for much of the week as well, so I'm needing my MOM! However, I'm sooooo happy she had such an opportunity...even her flight was a first!
Dawn and Mom, Christmas Eve 2008

Tonight they party hard their last night aboard the cruise as PIRATES. Yes, it's pirate night, complete with tons of food and music and fireworks. Maybe Mom will run into Johnny Boy! Or most likely, the dastardly of all pirates, Captain Hook himself!

Have fun girls! And I hope you're getting my "bring me back something good because it's 14 degrees and a wind chill factor of -3 here while you party hard" vibes!!!!

Party Hard, Bahama Mamas!!!! I love each one of you!!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Heehee. I'm in Mobile waiting to leave on a cruise tomorrow but it is cold!! So much for the cute outfit I bought to wear when we boarded!

Salzwedel Family said...

What an awesome reason to celebrate and what a great way to do it! I would LOVE to go on a Disney cruise.

Angela said...

Brought tears to my eyes to read about the reason for the trip~ Praise God!!!

If you get tired of the cold it would be a great time to come hang out with us. We were in shorts last week in CA. ;)