We're pretty big Narnia fans around here. When D. was 5, we listened to "The Magician's Nephew" and then we moved on to "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe." We saw the movie which was super-duper fun, and last year, we read "The Horse & His Boy." Now, we're feverishly reading through "Prince Caspian" during our lunch break each day, just so we can finish it before the movie comes out.
Even though we do love the movies, I love the fact that my kids simply love the plot! You can see their little mind wheels turning as they concoct different characters. They're always asking me for one more chapter! They love the fauns, dwarves, & enchanted trees. What adventure awaits them at Cair Paravel! Each day that we read, I hear D. informing one of his friends of the current situation in the plot. It's so fun!
So, read the books! I've been told I'm reading them out of order, but it hasn't messed with us so far. We've gone in the order the big single volume had the books in. Maybe when D. reads through them by himself, I'll make sure he reads them in the proper order intended by the author.
And once you've read the books, see the movies! They're fun, imaginative, exciting :~) Prince Caspian comes out May 16th. Here's a sneak peak:
______________________________________________
On the adoption front, our documents are at a sorting facility in Va. I'm a bit obsessive compulsive with tracking stuff. I love to go to Fedex.com and see where it is.
Oh & GOD is so good in even the slightest things. Yesterday, we had a worry about our van. Certain things began to shut down (like the air conditioner, speedometer) and for a brief moment, we thought we may have to take it in to have the electronics looked at. But the Lord has blessed my man with skills, ya'll! I'm so thankful! It was just a blown fuse (a trip to Autozone & 10 bucks) and he fixed it! Music to this adoptin' momma's ears.
Have a super Tuesday!
Awasome Tattoo Design Online Free Ideas
3 years ago

3 comments:
the AC problems at the beginning of the summer? Oh, man! You are SO lucky that I live close by, now! ;P
Praise the luck! LMBO
The books are one thing but I can already see the Princess with her hands over her ears at the movie...LOL!
Glad you van was an easy fix!
Love ya'll!!♥
Amanda, Narnia as a set were my fave childhood books and I couldn't agree more. I am glad they still appeal to kids these days too.
Post a Comment