XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, May 2, 2008

Crystal Ball Syndrome

Today, I wanted to especially promote a wonderful website that I frequent. They are currently dealing with a topic that, unfortunately, is very familiar with my own heart.

Jump over to Girl Talk to read some great articles on fear. It's been an encouragement to me this week.

I wonder if moms, in general, deal with this issue. Or maybe it's women? Not that men don't fear, but as women, we have a "hen-like" disposition to take care of things. At least, that's what I've found in my own life. SO much so, that there was a time that I fought, fought, fought God's sovereignty in my life on a personal level. I was afraid of what God might do each day, and I wanted to be "in control." I'm definitely a type A personality, for sure. I sometimes fight back the urge to have what one of the Mahaney gals referred to as Crystal Ball syndrome. As if I can look into the crystal ball and know what's happening.

God in His graciousness continued to show me Himself through preaching and studying His word, as well as His loving kindness. His sanctifiction in my life has been amazing. However, that doesn't mean that fear doesn't ever come a'callin' anymore. Fear knocks at my door occasionally over a variety of things. My kids salvation & spiritual state, my husband's health & employment, my kid's health, my health....I'm thankful for the WORD that God applies to my sould when these pesky fears well up in my heart.

And now, as if God's saying, "I really want you to grow...further up, further in" we enter the adoption process. With international adoption in the spot light for negative reasons, we've chosen a country that's less than appealing to most because of the instability of the government, and the long wait of watching our child grow in pictures, helpless to do anything for them but give them to the Father, God's wanting me to grow. Closer to Him. If I don't want to fear about these things, I need to fall before Him. That's what He wants. That's what brings me closer to Him. His promises are true. In times like these, we need to cling to them and replace those naggy, fearful thoughts with His truth.

Clinging to the Promises,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the articles at Girl Talk. I love that site as they give great info!

Love YOU!♥

Deborah said...

hello...just found your blog, and wanted to let you know I'd been here. We haven't adopted internationally, but through foster care in Manitoba. Best wishes for things to go smoothly for you!

livingpurereligion said...

I can really relate to this post! God is teaching us so much through this process and He is causing us to grow and stretch in so many ways.

Ephesians 4:15

I'm glad that I have found you on this journey and I look forward to cheering you on all the way!
Love, Cara

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just came across this link kinda randomly & wanted to pass it on to you. It's a couple of recipes from Haiti! ;)

http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/recipe.htm