I always wondered why the posts got less and less when people would bring their kids home....I mean, how long does it take to update??? L. O. L. I understand now. Forgive me for ever thinking such a thought!!
I'm wanting to switch my blog soon. I have to get it all set up, first. I'd like to move into a family blog, with a link to our adoption blog. I'll let you know when this occurs, if you're interested in following along.
In the meantime,
Joshua had his 2nd round of vaccines yesterday. Is putting on weight...lovin' his thighs! He's currently running around with dried banana on his face, still in footie pjs, a joy and delight!
He can mimic most of what we say, but when talking independently, it gets all jumbled. So, we do a lot of slow, repetitive speaking right now. Also, some of the words that came easier to him at first, it's like sometimes he forgets those words! My wise husband reminded me that he hasn't necessarily forgotten them, but he's storing them as he's learning so many.
We read books a lot. He'll bring me every book he owns and sits quietly as we read. I love it.
He's still in a crib, and we just feel like that's best for now. He seems to feel very secure in that setting. We'll move him out when he shows us that he seems ready for a change like that.
His head issues seem to be clearing up now that we switched to Diflucan.
He's so sweet and affectionate to his family. He becomes very quiet and reserved in new environments, exhibiting shyness and clinginess, but at home, he's a different bird! Crazy-owning the house, man!
We recently were gifted a webcam from Paw for Valentine's Day. We installed it and he loves to see Nanny & Paw and Tahn-Tahn via Skype. Thanks Paw!!
We recently had our family pictures done. I can't wait to share those! We continue to thank God for the blessings in our lives, even amidst the crazy changes and adjustments! God is good! We're a thankful people, though not nearly thankful enough, I dare say.
Here's a link to a give-away! What a beautiful necklace! I want one!!! We always carry Haiti in our hearts...


3 comments:
We adore seeing you all via Skype and that nifty Webcam...best thing ever invented in our opinion!
Love it that our Joshua is filling out and doing so good!
You know I'll help in any way where your new blog is concerned.
I hope you win that beautiful necklace...if I had the $$ I would buy it for ya!
Amanda,
it really is a small Blog world! I was on your Blog the other night and I thought what a Adorable Boy you have. I also have an Adopted son named Joshua-It is a Wonderful name and I loved it when I found out his name I was excited to have a son with such a Great name. Thank you for the Awesome Post!
Blessings
Tracy
Can't wait for the new blog! Sounds like Joshua is certainly enjoying his new life.
Post a Comment