Catchy title, huh? I guess if he's gonna come home from Haiti, I'd much rather deal with fungus than other more serious things. So, yeah. The little dude has tinea capitis, or scalp ringworm. Yuck! Poor little dude. He'll be on meds for a while, and I don't know WHEN his hair will finally look normal again. It's so splotchy it reminds me of some Star Trek alien. I don't remember which one. The other two kids...yeah. They each have one little spot each on their skin. The goal is to keep it one spot each, ON THEIR SKIN, and pray it doesn't spread to their scalp. I don't think it will. I'm just using topical cream on their respective spots. Joshua only has it on his scalp, so....we'll see. There are worse things.
We did find out that all of his 'shooey diaper' lab work came back clear. That's GREAT!
We were also told today at the doctor that his lead level was elevated. He tested in at 11. So they will retest in a couple of months to prove that it's going down, not up, and we'll be good. She did warn me that he may have developmental delays....as of right now, I'm not seeing anything significant. He's very smart. Too smart. :~)
Not exactly sure what's going on with our file and USCIS. It's all confusing. I hope they get it all worked out. **sigh** We were supposed to come home on IR3, his visa mistakenly says IR4, we've gotten a social security number for him, but didn't ask for one, and now they are asking for his biometrics (and they don't even DO biometrics on children.) I'm just glad we'll work it out from THIS end of things with him safe in our arms, being treated for ringworm, getting his daily vitamin, tons of hugs and kisses, and lots of stimulation.
sitting at his new table!
he climbed up in the build a bear box. It was a tight squeeze!!
he loves to help daddy.


7 comments:
I'm glad you have a visa. I just have one paper and they twins don't even have our name. Ugh.
Even his fungus is cute :)
Praying about the details/paperwork stuff!
We dealt with scalp fungus, too. Please remember that skin fungus can be treated topically, but scalp and fingernail fungus have to be treated internally. I'm thankful his poo is clear! You dodged a bullet there. :)
I'm so happy for you guys!
So good to see pictures of your little one home!
Yeah, that sounded like I was treating Joshua's topically...he's actually on an internal for his and I'm treating the older two topically. It was late when I typed. :~)
Yuck! We did 6 weeks of topical treatments for ringworm for the whole family and the fungus returned in less than a month. (spent over $500) I did find a cheap home remedy, though, that did work. So let me know if you have a recurrence! I'm sorry about Joshua's hair loss. We ended up having to shave both boys' heads with a cheap trimmer we then threw away. I hope your animals don't get it! How great that the poop tests were clear! You've got me thinking about lead now, though... Maybe I should get ours checked?
You could call him your little mushroom because he is such a fungi (fun guy)to be with!
Jude's lead was high too but went away on it's own over the months.
Post a Comment