XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Milestone

Or is it an Anniversary?
Either way, both words seem too pretty to count in this situation.

Check out the ticker in the side bar ---------->>


2 Years.


2 years ago today, we signed our first paper agreeing to go through with an adoption.  At this time, we knew we were going to pursue Haiti if given the green light on our ages.  They wanted parents to be 30 and married 10 years, and I fretted over that.  They took us anyway, and we had a grueling 1 year wait for Presidential approval and an exit from IBESR. 



Well, I would have never imagined that it would be quite possible for me (at that time 27) to actually be 30 before my boy came home.  I turn 30 in July, and you can imagine we are praying for a quicker homecoming than that!!  We also hit the 10 years married requirement in August 2009.  


We have held Joshua's photo since June of 2008, which means we've been in the Haitian side of things for approximately 18 months.  


We are still in MOI, which is the last Haitian step, but were told today that it's quite normal for that to take 6-8 months.  We will have been in MOI for 4 months on January 11th, so it could still be a while.  


So, we wait.  I try to tell myself that all of this waiting is normal for Haiti, and yet......


Here's our prayer:  We want Joshua home for at least 6 months of his 2's.  SO, we are praying that we receive our MOI exit VERY SOON, so we can start the daunting task of waiting for USCIS approval and a visa.  

We want him home by March.  We can pray!!!  We are PRAYING.  Pray with us.  


We have been told that our DNA paperwork should be picked up today.  Hopefully, they'll take Joshua in for his DNA test before the week is finished.  A mom can hope.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am hoping with you! We also hit our 2-year mark this month. Never would have dreamed. Praying for good news on Joshua's DNA.

Anonymous said...

A mom can hope, a mom can pray, a mom can solicit prayers... you're doing everything you're supposed to!

And God encourages us to ask in His name... I know you're doing this. I know you trust in His timing, too.

Lord, let Amanda's request and Your Will go together. I pray that you bring baby home with at least 6 months of his 2 year old stage be in America. May you hear her cry and have mercy on Amanda, her family, and Joshua. Come, Lord, come. We love you. Amen.

Anonymous said...

When I was signing in to leave my comment, the security code thing made me type in the secret letters. Guess what the letters were?

armanda

I know that's not EXACTLY your name, but pretty close! Maybe it's a sign. :) hehe