Haven't felt very "bloggy" here lately. I really would like to have one of those fabulous 'good news' updates to post about, but all's quiet on the adoption front. We need to continually pray that the embassy will move forward with DNA testing. I'd like some good news for Thanksgiving.
What's going on at home?? Lots!!

What's going on at home?? Lots!!
- Steve & I had a date Friday that extended into Saturday and it was much needed! It was so nice to just hang out with my man in a quiet restaurant down town, and then a coffee shop! 10 years later, I love my man more than ever! We even began to purchase a few Christmas presents. We're excited about the holidays!
- I've been very into the House series put out by PBS. So far, I've kept it British. A little review:
1940's House: The first one we watched. The kids joined in. We enjoyed it quite a bit.
1900's House: These folks were a bit more whiney, but if you enjoy studying home life in different time periods, interesting, though at sometimes quite boring.
Manor House: This has been my favorite. The kids didn't partake in watching (some things were inappropriate) but it was very detailed. It showed the hierarchy in the Edwardian time period between the rich and the servants. I very much enjoyed watching the happenings in the kitchen, the rules of society, and such. Reminded me of Pride and Prejudice, just a bit later.
I think I'll move on to the American House series now, but from the reviews I've read, they aren't nearly as good.
- I've been digging into the Pioneer Woman's recipes a bit here lately. Last night we feasted on Chicken Enchiladas and Mexican Rice. I've made a few others here recently, and hope to make the pumpkin muffins later today. And then there's the stuffed mushrooms I'd like to take to Cristina's baby shower.

- Speaking of baby shower, I've got several last minute things I need to accomplish before Thursday evening. Yikes! All baby shower related.
- I've also got a countdown going to the weekend. We are taking off for Nan & Paw's for a wee early Thanksgiving Dinner. I wish we could stay longer, but I'm quite excited about going. Last year, I sat on my couch and cried through much of the Thanksgiving Holiday. I enjoy being around my family, and they are a welcome encouragement and distraction while my baby spends another holiday away from me. We recognized this for this Thanksgiving and made sure we were heading OUT of town...no pitiful couch cries.
- I just ordered 50 free Christmas cards through Fuji. Go to Freebies For Mom and check it out! It was very easy to do once the website wasn't overloaded! They did decide to shorten the deal because of the massive response, but it's worth looking into! I can't wait to get our cards in the mail! I know it works because a friend has already received hers in the mail and was pleased.
That's about it around here, but I have enough to keep me busy, which is good. Ya'll have a great week!!


2 comments:
Wish I could twitch my nose and have that Pioneer woman meal...it looks awesome!
Also wish I could twitch and all would be done for Joshua...wanting him home so very badly...I may be the one to sit on the couch and cry...pout!
Love Ya'll and can't wait to see ya!
Amanda, Thank you so much for rejoicing with us today ... I know how hard it is, and I just pray that very soon we will be rejoicing over Joshua's passport as well. ((Hugs)), Stephanie
Post a Comment