I received the first phonecall regarding a 9 1/2 month old baby boy in Haiti. They were calling him baby and wondered if we were interested in him as a referral so we could go ahead and name him and get his file rolling. No picture yet. Had to wait for labs.
His name just rolled right off of my tongue. And that was the beginning of that.
It's been a very long year. My emotions have been like a world-record setting roller coaster.
Today, though, I really wanted to honor and thank God for His goodness to us. As I was reading this morning, I found these two verses, together. Right next to each other.
But I am afflicted and in pain; let your salvation, Oh God, set me on high! I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. --Psalm 69:29-30
Though there may be pain, there is praise!
Thank-you, God, for bringing "baby" our way that day. He is precious in Your eyes. Thank you for allowing us to pray for him. For teaching us to pray in a deeper, more meaningful way. For giving us a heart for the nations. For opening our eyes to the world's need of the gospel. For making our hearts desire to do Your will. For giving us a peace that only YOU can provide amid the storms of emotions that flood our flesh. For protecting him from harm's way up until now, and for teaching us to trust You for this in his future. Thank you, God, for showing me Your promises in a new, fresh way, over and over again. Thank you for Your mercy and tenderness when I turn my eyes from you and become overwhelmed with the tossing waves and storm of this journey.
"Some Christians are sadly prone to look on the dark side of everything, and to dwell more upon what they have gone through than upon what God has done for them."
"It is true that we endure trials, but it is just is true that we are delivered out of them."
"The deeper our troubles, the louder our thanks to God, who has led us through all, and preserved us until now."
--Spurgeon, June 9th (Wow!) Morning and Evening
So, today, I think I'll open up Joshua's scrapbook and relish the pictures I do have, add a few more pages and get caught up...a year's worth of updates and photos...I didn't have those a year ago, and I'm thankful today that I have a beautiful boy in Haiti, waiting for his forever family, whose Father is God, whose Defender is the Almighty. Hallelujah, what a Savior!


9 comments:
It sure does feel like it has been longer than a year to me!
God is so good though!!!
Hoping no more one year anniversaries go by.
Beautiful post, Amanda!
God is great! Praying for movement SOON!
Praying for you in the waiting..I'm thankful you are on this journey even though it is so very hard.
Thank you for your God-glorifying post! I will stay before the throne today pleading for your baby boy to come home soon. I've been reading Piper's Let the Nations be Glad...I'll also be praying for your family's witness to all of the people you come across through this process. I love and miss you and please know Joshua Steven Burke also has a SPECIAL place in my heart now and is never far from my mind. The Lord is faithful; His Name be praised!
What a beautiful prayer. Praying for God's will to be done and thanking Him for sending Joshua into your life.
It does seem like it was forever ago. We are praying with you that This will soon come to an end. =)
Beautiful.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and for you as God's timing moves swiftly among your family.
Post a Comment