XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, May 29, 2009

All's Quiet On The Homefront

So. So. Quiet.

1st week of summer and nothing significant taking place.

Avery has had severe allergies, but she's doing better.

Daniel had a game. Won 13-2. Avery had one game cancelled and we kept her out of last night's game until she's better.

Went to the church Memorial Day picnic Monday. That was fun.

Stayed relatively busy on the weekend with Grandpa's property.

Drove to Newburgh just to catch a movie...the public schools don't let out until June 5 so our theater doesn't open until after that week...they employee too many teens. Newburgh was open, though, so we caught Night at the Museum 2. Cute flick.

For the weekend, more games, some socializing, and Sunday.

I started the South Beach Diet. Giving it a whirl. Had a last hoo-rah last night with penne pasta and garlic bread. The diet makes a person eat breakfast, though. I'm not thrilled about that. And I WON'T be chugging back any more tomato juice after this morning. How DISGUSTING.

Adoption Front: Nothing. Nothing. Nothingness. I'm trying not to get ansy. I think this whole process just screams ansy, though. Especially for those of us still waiting in the wings to hear something. I'm encouraged by all of the recently good news. I just want OUT of IBESR. Maybe today....

He'll be 21 months tomorrow.

2 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

It's amazing how you can be doing all of these good things and yet somehow, there's still something missing. We've been busy lately with activities & school wrapping up, but there's always this little piece of me that is off in adoptionland. Always praying for good news!

Mama/Nanny said...

I know you told me about the pool not opening until school was out, but the THEATER??

It is feeling like summer here finally...but I see as of this comment it is 90ยบ in Haiti...yikes little one...come home soon!!