Daniel started his Upward Basketball program last Saturday. This is his 3rd year playing basketball and we really appreciate the Upward program. Daniel really likes it. This year, they keep score, which is fun! They're still only playing half court, but he's still learning skills and in a great environment. So far, they're 2-1.
The boys receive stars for their t-shirts after each game that says something about their "game." So far, Daniel has received "Most Christ-like," "Great Sportsmanship," and "Best Offense." He's very excited and really enjoying it this year. So, without further ado....
B. Family Sports Chronicles
The boys receive stars for their t-shirts after each game that says something about their "game." So far, Daniel has received "Most Christ-like," "Great Sportsmanship," and "Best Offense." He's very excited and really enjoying it this year. So, without further ado....
B. Family Sports Chronicles
He makes a smooth steal and barrels down the court!
He goes for the goal. He makes it! The crowd goes wild! At least Mom & Dad go wild! Everybody else stares at Mom and Dad....
Several good shots later, Mom & Dad declare Daniel M.V.P. for the day ;~)
And of course, don't forget the half-time cutie!

Good game day! We were up entirely tooooo early for a Saturday morning, but good game, anyway! :~)
**********
By the way, yesterday's woesome post: I had a eureeka moment a bit after posting about my emotions. I realized that it's been exactly a year this week since we began the entire process. We turned in our first application on January 6, 2008. Maybe this has been the source of such an emotional week. May the same God who began this work in us, finish it for His glory!
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:
I think the "color" worshed right out of your pictures...LOL!
Glad to hear he is enjoying it and is being such a good sport!
It is hard to believe it's been a year since the process started...just know we are here whenever you need us...
(((hugs)))
Amanda!!! It's Jacci from Kemp!!! I've been reading your blog tonight with tears streaming down my face :) Oh, Amanda, he is sooooo beautiful. I watched all of the videos and kept scanning down for more pictures. How you must *love* him. Girl, I will PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!
I'll come back and read more soon :)
Warmly,
Jacci
I love Upward. They are based in Spartanburg SC and I worked for them for almost 5 years. Helped coordinate training events for churches... to train them how to run the programs in their communities. God is doing some amazing things through Upward. Glad you are enjoying it. My daughter played soccer this past fall and had a great time.
Post a Comment