XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Apples & Adoption World Update

Our buddy Connor had an apple orchard birthday party this weekend. One of the coolest parties we've ever attended! The kids fed goats, had fun in the corn maze, enjoyed a hayride to the wishing well, picked apples, played in a cornbox, had their face painted (by ME), picked pumpkins and decorated them with sticker faces, drank apple slushies, and ran around the orchard. What a great fall birthday it was! Happy 8th, Con-Man!!


In The Adoption World:

Adoption is always, always such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Two families that are in my prayers right now have very different needs.

Katie and Mark met Judson for the first time yesterday and will actually keep him today. Tomorrow, Wednesday, is their embassy appointment and they are waiting on some important paper work that seemingly has been lost in the shuffle and may affect their travels home. We're praying NOT. Their "meetcha" pictures are on their blog. Judson is BEAUTIFUL.

There's another family that I've been praying for here in "blog land." The McBride Family had just begun to the adoption process for sweet little Nandinie, the sibling of two children they had already adopted from Haiti. Nandinie suffered a severe and deathly allergic reaction to antibiotics over the weekend and she's now with Jesus. Please keep this family in your prayers.

As for us...I'm storming the gates, folks. I am pray, pray, praying that God will bring good news THIS week. This last week of October, I know an update is around the corner...if not with the update, than BEFORE. I'd love to hear our file has been released. Pray with me that THIS week is the week. Nevertheless, God is faithful. He knows it all better than I do. I'm using every holy argument I can think of and calling on the intercession of my Great High Priest who prays much more perfectly than I can. This week looks like a GREAT week for GREAT news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have made Steve take off the glasses. LOL

Amanda said...

Yeah, I know. I would send it to Haiti but the glasses are a bit...wierd. :~)

Anonymous said...

So sorry at the news for the McBride family...what a loss!

Looks like a great time was had at the Birthday party...Happy Birthday to Conner!

love to all♥

Salzwedel Family said...

What a great place for a birthday party! Looks like everyone had a great time.

I'll be praying for great news for you THIS WEEK.