XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bullet Summary Of Life

  • First week of school went off without a hitch. In fact, I think it's safe to say that it was rather enjoyable. Busy, but enjoyable.
  • Weekends are increasingly desired and enjoyed. Friday evening we crashed in front of the Olympics we had DVR'ed all week long with homemade pizza. Saturday, we wake up late, enjoy a very leisurely breakfast and chill out.
  • However, because of school during the week, I've moved my chore day (heavy house cleaning, laundry) to Saturday. That takes a lot of time.
  • We've reason to be increasingly concerned about the future of that other property we own. The "sale" has taken forever, and frankly, that's not normal. We desire prayer that God would grant us wisdom as we proceed. Steve and I are simply not "business" people, and unfortunately, this has proved to be a disadvantage to us on several occasions now. We have such a strong desire to no longer deal with the tenant/rental/late or no show rent...it's very painful, frankly. I know there are worse problems to deal with, but it's quite deflating to constantly hit a brick wall in this area of our lives. Ultimately, we know that God has ordained the day that this house will no longer be ours. He's caring for us each and every day. I'm not worried about our well being...it would just be nice to have a load off.
  • I feel as though we're doing pretty well in our fundraising endeavor so far. We haven't even gotten good and started on our selling of the tickets. Our main goal has been to get tickets out to our friends to sell. It's all coming together nicely.
  • Thought of Joshua quite a bit today. He'll be 1 in a week. He has a sweet crib toy with his family's picture in it headed his way Monday when a gentlemen we made contact with through the New Life Link Yahoo Group heads to Haiti to visit his own child. The kids talk more and more of him with each passing day. They want him home.
  • This reminds me that time does pass quickly when we truly think about it. Seems like only yesterday I was burying my feet in the sand for the first time ever. That was almost exactly a year ago!
  • OH...I watched Becoming Jane, and it intrigued me enough to go check out a Jane Austen biography. :~) Think I'll go read a bit more.

Have a Good Weekend!


No comments: