XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Monday, August 25, 2008

Adoption Drama On The Homefront

Of all places!

We were informed by our panicked "head honcho" of our bbq fundraiser last night that the location that had before told him we could use the facility for free informed him that it would now cost $500!!! Um...nope. Don't think so.

Steve rushed around and booked another location for only $75.00. The bummer is all of our tickets we've been selling, along with everyone else we've given tickets to sell, now have the WRONG location on them. Thankfully, we'll have most everyone's phone number and we'll be able to call them with the change. The remainder of the tickets I can write on. Don't worry, that's ONLY 200 tickets.

The good news is this location is higher traffic and better located for neighborhoods that we're familiar with. It's close to home. We can walk neighborhoods, sell tickets, and they won't have to drive across town to get it. Just a jump down the road. That's good.

The potential difficulty will be the weather. We're already praying for good weather. The former location was covered. This one-not. Also, the pits are smaller at the new location, which means we'll have to be strategic with the meat and storage.

I know it will all work out. God is good. He's faithful. I'm glad I'm memorizing Psalm 37 for this particular moment and time in my life. Part of me is just seething that those in high places at the other location decided to make this decision, given our circumstances and the cause. Maybe I see things as very black and white, but it's simply, simply wrong. When I've settled down a bit more, I may compose a letter to this facility.

I have to remember that God works all things to good. He presents opportunities to us so often to share HIM and His faithfulness with our children. As Steve drove to the new location to see if the date was open for us to use, I drove the children and I home from church and prayed out loud after I had explained what happened. It was so wonderful to give God thanks in front of our children for that answer to prayer.

I just have to go on record and say that I LOVE monthly updates. It's almost as if my 'mom feelings' kick into overdrive at the end of the month, I so badly want to hear/see/know something about our dear little boy. I haven't gotten the update yet, but I know it's coming and it brings me joy. I've cried a few times over the weekend. Just 'wish I had my baby/hope he's healthy/want to HOLD him' tears. That's all. Updates go a LONG way. I heard threw the grapevine that it's Reginald's birthday today. He is the official updater. Happy Birthday Reginald. Praying for him and the staff at NLL today.

3 comments:

CG said...

Having to call 200 people with a change of address is so typical of the kinds of things that happen during a Haitian adoption that I almost had to laugh!

But instead I'll pray. I trust that the Lord changed the venue for a good reason. Your thankful prayers before your children, perhaps... But I am praying it's even more than that- that your bbq will somehow be more successful as a result of the change.

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying that this change makes your event even more successful! Can't wait to see Joshua's new picture with his update.

Angela said...

Woo Hoo... what an adventure...right? ;) It is "almost" funny that these kinds of things happen almost nonstop during an adoption. I think you will be able to really laugh about it later, but for now.. ugh!

As far as the update... I've heard the storms has caused problems (of course) with phone and internet connections in Haiti. So... that could be cause of any delay in getting it. I know that just missing your baby cry all too well.
Praying he will be in your arms sooner then you could have ever imagined!

Love you,
Angela