XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's Been 7 Days...

I'm not one to harp on something. You know...go on and on and on. However, it's my blog. My life. My adoption. SO I'm just gonna say it.

IT'S BEEN 7 DAYS. 7 DAYS since I saw the sweetest little brown face with twinkly brown eyes. 7 DAYS since I went to Wal-Mart, made dozens of photos, framed them, and stare at them wherever I go. 7 days since my heart was completely stolen away with one look. 7 days of looking at my baby a world away. Praying for him. And realizing that I was a FOOL to think I wouldn't attach to a picture. A fool to think that if anything were to go wrong, we'd adjust and press on.

Yeaaahhhh....I'm having a bit of anxiety today. Because it's been 7 days, and we haven't signed anything to make it official. We've been waiting on visuals of the lab reports. And I was ok. Until yesterday. Yesterday I started to get that, "Ok, let's get this show on the road" kind of feeling. The "what's going on, it's almost been a week?" kind of feeling. I mean, how long does it take to fax lab results? I've got the money. I'm ready. I'm in love. So, what's next? And I struggle with those crazy what if questions. Those "what if something terrible or bizarre has happened?" kind of what ifs. I need to talk to myself. Mostly God, but myself, too. Realize that no matter what happens, He's in control and He loves me.

I decided I needed some psalms up in my heart. And which one did I open it too???

FRET NOT yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! for they will soon fade like th grass and wither like the green herb. TRUST IN THE LORD and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. DELIGHT yourself in the LORD, and he wil give you the desires of your heart. COMMIT your way to HIM and HE WILL ACT. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light. and your justice as the noonday. BE STILL before the Lord and wait patiently for him; FRET NOT yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! FRET NOT YOURSELF: it tends only toward evil.

Psalm 37. I think I'll be coming back to this one frequently. God always knows JUST what I need to hear. He's so good. Pray with me that we'll be signing our names to an acceptance letter to Joshua Steven before the week closes. Thank-you.

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh, sweet Psalm 37. It has brought comfort to me many times. Praying your paperwork comes quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy... I went through 16 mos of the "what if's" - but struggled terribly in the beginning stages of our adoption. It's draining, I know. But, just remind yourself of all the times the Lord has PROVED Himself faithful to you and your family.... and trust that He WILL continue to do so!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh wow!!!! Baby Joshua is PRECIOUS!!! When do you expect to go get him???

I look forward to reading more about your family - I think my husband has read your blog before - Jason;)