XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

First, it's a day to honor the first reason I have to celebrate the day. My Mom! She's so very special to me. I love her. I love all that I've learned from her. Love of family, love of home-keeping, love of hobbies & crafts, love of laughter, love of food and yummy recipes, love of life, & most importantly love of the Lord! This year, the day is extra special because it's also...HER BIRTHDAY! I'm so glad God gave me you, Mom! You're the best! May this year be filled with love and laughter to the brim for you!
Second, I celebrate this day because almost 8 years ago, God blessed me and I became a mother. I love to hear the word "Mommy" whether a face is sticky, a head is sweaty, a brow is feverish...any time in every season I feel profoundly blessed to have been given the title. I do not in any way deserve the experience of motherhood. I'm frequently overwhelmed with the responsibility and the role that I carry. I could not be a good mother without God's grace in my life each and every day.




Thank-you, Father, for allowing me such a tiny peek at what it means to love a child, knowing full well that you love my children (and me) more than my heart would ever be capable of. What an amazing gift! Help me remember this truth as we seek to obey your command to care for the orphan and spread your gospel to the nations! As I celebrate Mother's Day, my prayer is that we'll soon have a glimpse of the one that you've chosen to be a part of our family. Until we can bring them home, bless them, guard them, protect them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a sweet post...brought tears to my eyes...you are the best daughter in the whole world! I LOVE YOU!!!♥

I love those pictures of you and the kiddo's!!♥

a Pocket Angel said...

Amanda, What a wonderful post to your Mother.. Yes it truly is an extra special day for her being her BirthDay too.
I hope you both have a beautiful Mothers day!
Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I just came from wishing your Mom a wonderful Mother's Day and a Happy Birthday, Amanda.

I hope your Mother's day has been blessed.

Ditto what your Mom said: Those are great pictures of you and your babies.

Hugs,

Diane

Charlotte said...

I came here from your mother's blog. This is so beautiful. The header picture is gorgeous. It is so wonderful to have a mother like yours and sounds like you are following right along in her footsteps.
Hugs and blessings to you.
Charlotte