XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Earthquake


Around sundown today, a 7.3 magnitude earthquake hit PaP, Haiti.  The center is near Carrefour, which is approximately where our son is.  You can see the water from his top floor CONCRETE, THREE STORY building.  His little bed is a bottom bunk, on the first floor.  His preschool room is on the first floor.


We have not heard anything. 


God is in control of all things.  He knows.  He's continuously showed us over the past two years that He does not NEED us.  HE can keep Joshua very well.  So, we know that Joshua is in His hands.


We are fervently praying that we hear news soon.  It's dark in Haiti, the phones are jammed, if you have ever been there, it's chaotic without an earthquake.  Much less now.   

God help.  God help our baby.  And so many others desperately needing You.




9 comments:

Mama said...

Praying fervently!

Anonymous said...

Joshua and all the others are in our prayers and thoughts! Let us know how we can help. We said our prayers for him and will be putting him on our church's prayer website. So we all will praying for God's protection on our little Johsua!

Holly said...

Joshua was the first person I thought of and prayed for when I saw the news. Again, you and I have never met, but I pray for your situation, and now...specifically for his safety. I have been checking your blog since the news..and I am SO grateful that you posted. Please keep us posted...and know that a missionary family in Honduras is praying for your precious little boy.

HOlly

amie fraley said...

Hi, Amanda - we are in the process of adopting, too - and just received word our orphanage (in Tabarre) was damaged, but no injuries - we are thinking of you guys and hope you hear updates soon.

Dorothy Guhy said...

All kids in orphanages accounted for. 4 storie buildings twisted Bickel said . Go to MSN .com and click on picture

susan said...

I did not know this until a little before 9:00 tonight. I can't get my facebook to work. We will be praying for your family! Let me know if you need me to do anything.

Jennifer Wells said...

I don't know you but have been joining you in prayer most of the night. Praying for sweet Joshua today and for Jesus to be so very near

Stephanie said...

We have been and continue to pray.

Aylín Merck said...

Praying!! Really hope we get to hear from you soon that he is alright!!