XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Friday, July 31, 2009

Ok. One More.

Monthly Update: 22 lbs, 31.5 inches
Very thankful for a couple of pounds gained, according to the update. They were kind enough to put him in the other onesie I sent. By the way, I'm really thinking his feet will fit right in with this family :~)

Meanwhile:

Boxes are beginning to arrive. Boxes with school books. The kids are eager beavers! They are ready, ready, ready to start school. I will be devoting next week to preparing our school room for that very thing! Wow, time flies!

My sister in law came over yesterday and faithfully shredded a ton of zucchini and I baked a ton of bread. So, the kids and I will be making deliveries today.

We were also able to visit with Memaw & Pepaw yesterday evening. Supper was amazing, and it was so very nice to see Pepaw alive and well and even teasing us. We know he's better if he's teasing us! I don't think they'll be going on any cruises in the near future, though!

I sent off for more birth certificates yesterday. We are taking it all a step at a time, but we're hoping to travel to Haiti soon. It will be a while yet. We need vaccines, passports, and a million other things that need to happen, but it's our hope that we will see our boy very soon.

Continue to lift our family up in prayer. We could sure use it, along with many other families that are adopting from Haiti. It's not pretty. It's not easy. We're all very, very tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see him in his new clothes, and thankful for the weight gain! Praying for all Haiti adoptions...it jus shouldn't have to be that hard!

Kathy Cassel said...

It's so hard to see how they grow and know how much of their lives we are missing.

All summer I've been thinking "The twins should be at the zoo with us..The twins should be at the beach with us...the twins should be in preschool swim lessons this summer" and so on knowing that really they are in an O. with little outside interaction and stimulus. Sigh.

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying that you will be traveling soon.