Top Secret Event
Unbeknownst to our children, we have booked tickets for something very special. It takes place in 23 days. It felt good ordering the tickets to something special. We're keeping it top secret because it's fun to surprise kids. We're keeping it top secret because it does require travel (though just a short distance) in January when the weather is questionable. And one of the main reasons we're keeping it secret is:
We would love to make it our family celebration for coming out of IBESR.
So. We're praying that in the next 23 days we get some excellent news. So, the exciting event will not just be an awesome surprise. That it will be an awesome family celebration.
Hee heeee....I love secrets.
*****************************
In the meantime, I had noticed that our family has experienced a strange phenomena over Christmas vacation. We have visited the theater many times! We've taken in lots of movies in the past few weeks. Want a review?
Tale of Despereaux -- The kids were taken to this movie by cousins. I didn't attend, but they talk about it a lot, so it must have been a hit. From what I can gather, mice aren't supposed to be brave. Their supposed to be cowards, and Despereaux wanted to be brave and he read and talked to humans and had a needle sword. Very cool!
Bedtime Stories -- Taken by Nan. Though it had humorous moments, there were also tooooo many skin-baring moments. I've actually contemplated writing Plugged In because I don't believe their review was thorough.
Bolt -- Taken by cousins. Not much talk about it, though they seemed to enjoy it enough.
Marley & Me-- I watched this movie with my Sister In Law while the kids were in Bolt. I needed a grownup movie. This one was entertaining and well done. I liked it. Good Flick!
Australia -- Just watched this with another couple on a date night. It was 3 hours LONG! However, I was pretty into the story line, so I don't think it was too bad. It started a bit shaky for me, but I like the way the characters grew. I liked the concept of the movie. Wasn't too much into the weird aboriginal magic, but over all it was good. There were some definite laughs. There were some definite "make you think" moments. I'm more keenly aware of racism issues now, and this movie points some things out for the Australian aboriginals. Good flick!
Now see? That was a lot of flicks! I'm telling you that it's definitely not normal. But, we haven't had much else to do, so the cinema has been a welcome dose of boredom busting. :~)

4 comments:
Paw just went to work and my feed reader is purdy much empty...I'm thinking about plugging in my new copy of Mama Mia...wish you were here baby girl...miss you!!!
Consider me intrigued! I can't wait to hear what you have planned.
Yes, that is a lot of movies. They are always fun outings.
Looking forward to hearing what the suprise is....
Praying it is a trip of celebration!!!! I want to celebrate TOO!!! Let's get that IBESR office MOVING already.. ;)
Post a Comment