XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Super Husband To The Rescue!!!!

Last week, among the crazy, typical black Friday ads, there was, tucked away in the Target ad, this sweet piece of handy-dandy vacuum equipment:

Yes, it's a Dyson. Yes, it's pink. But, it sucks! And I mean that very positively. Unlike my former, cheap, pathetic imitation of a so-called bagless vacuum cleaner. Oi...the bad memories, already! The last use of my former vacuum cleaner made me want to lift it high over my head and hurl it across the planet in a Super-Woman like fashion. But I digress.

So, here's what Super Husband did:

He inquired with a Target manager about purchasing the vacuum ahead of time (there were only two on the shelf the week of Thanksgiving) and then bringing it back for the significant discount and the $100 Target card. They gave him the green light. So he did.

We checked it out (meaning I vacuumed like crazy). I was a bit leary going bagless. I mean, I have only terrible experiences with former vacuum cleaner. I liked.

We loaded it back up, and if you're still with me, here's where it gets good:

Friday morning before work, hubby loaded it up, parked a mile away from Target at 6 am and took care of it! That means that he had to haul a vacuum cleaner from an Applebee's parking lot waaaaaaaayyyy out in front of Target's parking lot, because it was soooo full of crazy people. Then, back again.

He Rocks.

And so does my Dyson. I love getting it out and vacuuming. Just my pink vacuum cleaner and me. Did I ever dream that I'd get so excited over a vacuum cleaner? Maybe. When I was four, I got this little sink and dishes for Christmas and I've been quite domestic ever since....



5 comments:

Tara aka T said...

Suhweet!
I'm rather envious of your snazzy PINK Dyson teehee
I'm still in love with my Dyson...what, 2 yr later? Yep yep. Lovin' it. I too was scared of going bagless...bad experiences..but everything kept drawing me back to the Dyson.

But daaaaaaaaang...yours is PINK :D Do you have a retro, frilly apron to wear while you use it? teehee

Oh and of course, rock on hubby for huffin' it about :D

Amanda said...

It's pink for breast cancer awareness, and $30 dollars went to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. So, pink is good :~) definitely.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tara...you need a little pink retro frilly apron ;~D

Salzwedel Family said...

Sweet! What a good hubby for taking care of that. I think you should post a photo of you in said retro apron while you are vacuuming.

Tracy said...

I am totally jealous...a Dyson and a pink one at that! Not fair! :) I might have to add that to my list!