We watched the results roll in last night for the election. Though obviously disappointed, I realize it's not the end of the world. The truth is, leaders have come and gone throughout the years. Laws and bills and such have been in existence since before I was born that I would prefer to be gone. Democrats and Republicans alike have done very little for very serious situations.
I'm just thankful that I serve One Who never changes. He is a refuge and a fortress, My God in Whom I trust. I read Psalm 90-91 this morning and both chapters encouraged my heart. May God teach us to number our days while we trust in His protection. Serve God no matter who sits on these earthly thrones.
Though I voted for McCain (and Kentucky was a red state! Yehaw!), I concede this election to the new president-elect, Mr. Barack Obama. My son is particularly distressed over this issue, so it's time for mom and dad to demonstrate grace and clarity of mind. That includes:
1. Respecting the commander in chief (not worshiping him, respecting him.)
2. Praying for him. There is a higher throne, then all the world has known.
3. Appreciating the moment. The moment a black man becomes the President of the United States. This is an amazing step for our country. Our country who once wouldn't let people of different color use the same bathroom, or sit in the same restaurant, or attend the same school. We started out as a country who felt like skin color determined whether you were educated and intelligent or stupid and worthy of nothing but slavery. What would those that hid away in secret passageways and walls as they tried to escape such ignorance think now?
I'm going to appreciate that. 
Awasome Tattoo Design Online Free Ideas
3 years ago

2 comments:
Very well said!
Love you!!♥
Oh, that's such a healthy perspective. I worry for those who are preaching doom & gloom today. We serve a mighty God, not our President. We must pray for God's wisdom for him.
Post a Comment