So, I guess I'm biting the bullet. I need to save money. I'm adopting, I have a family to feed, prices are on the rise....so I'm sort of feeling the waters for saving money.
I grabbed my first deal yesterday at Target (thanx, Kelsey) and I think it started the fever. I mean, I was feeling it a bit after I purchased a Sunday paper this week and clipped the coupons. But, then I went to target, got 4 boxes of Kashi brand waffles for $6.54 and received a $5.00 gift card. SO, THEN, I got excited.
I went home, grabbed my weekly Kroger ad, and went through it with my coupons. I set aside all of my coupons for things that were already on sale, so I'll get an even better deal. I set the rest back. I pulled out a few over fifty cent coupons for Walmart.
I joined CVS and I expect my EC card in about two weeks. I still need to figure out Walgreens, though. A bit confused on that one. And Rite Aid. Need to figure that one out. But, I'm gonna take it a step at a time.
Right now, I'm just proud of my waffles.
Anybody else out there a coupon clipper?
In case you're interested: Money Saving Mom has good tips and deals, as well as FREEBIES. 
Awasome Tattoo Design Online Free Ideas
3 years ago

8 comments:
Thanks for the link. I hear you about saving money...I am needing to do more of that myself.
Don't forget that site I found...
couponsuzy.com it has some great ones and you just print them out and take them to the store!
I am soooooooo NOT a coupon gal. I find coupons are more for convenience foods which we don't buy much of on a whole. If they had coupons for steak and chicken, we'd be good to go. LOL Coupons on other name brand stuff which I already buy for cheap. I'd have to see if buying the name brands with coupons (the big saving coupons) would wind up cheaper, but then that would take way more work than I am willing to put into my shopping experience. I plan a menu and write out a list...what more do you people want from me, huh? :p
More power to ya on your coupon clippin' girlfriend, more power to ya ;)
Well, Tara, I understand your point. We'll see how it works. Over the years I've tried everything (even joined Sam's) and everything has it's perks and downers.
For this time in my life, there are definitely some "convenience" items that we use. Between ball and hospitality and being able to grab something out in a pinch....I'd like to be well stocked.
I'm finding myself less and less well stocked because of price increases, hence the desire to try the coupon thing for a while. Maybe it will be profitable :~)
I am a "wanna be" coupon clipper. Great idea in theory, but I have a hard time making it work for us.
All of my friends are into CVS saving. I just cannot figure it out:)
Let me know how it goes for you!
Another tidbit...there is a blog called Bibical Womanhood and they host a Frugal Friday with lot's of participants...if you can find any extra time to read through a few of them it might help on the frugal ideas.☺
I enjoy coupon clipping, myself. :)
Tammy, the biblical womanhood gal is the same as money saving mom. :)
Ok, so I have to send you to my sis-in-law's blog for this!!
http://commonshepherdess.blogspot.com/2008/08/couponing.html
Post a Comment