XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tidbits....

Summer is quite a busy time for us. I thought things would settle down in July, and they will a bit, but there's still things to keep my mind occupied.

Daniel has Rookie tournament coming up. We have a scrimmage tomorrow evening, and the games begin Saturday, then Monday if we win, and so on, until next Wed.

I'm cracking open the curriculum catalogs. It's that time of year, I guess. I'm not exactly thrilled to be "thinking" about school, but I know it's inevitable. The "teacher" in me knows that I'll need to get on this. Don't want too much time to pass. They'll start to forget everything. I'm glad there's a "teacher" instinct in me somewhere, because the mom instinct would take a school hiatus indefinitely!!! I had some burn out by the end of the school year this year. I was obsessing over the dossier, doing a katrillion things, plus school. It didn't seem "fun" anymore. I want to definitely include some things that make school fun again.

The garden is doing ok. It's not just wonderful this year. Our corn didn't take. But, if all goes well, the greenbeans will. Sis and I fried up the firstfruits of squash last night, and there are green tomatoes on the vine. I've plucked some jalepenos, and Steve found cucumbers. We are bumbed about the corn, though.

Steve & I are planning on an overnight anniversary/birthday trip to Nashville in a couple of weeks. The kids are excited about staying with Memaw & Pepaw overnight. That's always fun. It will just be one night, but I do love Nashville! I've found this hibachi place to eat, and I'm always good with a trip to the mall and a tour of the Opryland Hotel, just hangin' with my man. We'll celebrate 9 years this year.

I'm glad for the busyness, I'm glad that time passes quickly. I think of Joshua often. Anytime I think of him, I pray him home. Hoping that somehow, God works it out for us to have him sooner than we would have ever dreamed. I'm hoping that the next update will inform us that he's entered IBESR, and the picture will be one of him smiling. I'd love to see a smile on his cute little face.

Love,

3 comments:

Angela said...

Is it already time to be thinking about next year curriculum?? I still haven't finished THIS years! ;)

Thanks for being such a sweet friend. I can't wait to hear that Joshua is in IBESR. His file can hang out with Jacques file!

Joyfully,
Angela

Anonymous said...

oh, man, I bet Steve was the most bummed about the corn, he had high hopes for some sweet corn this year! :)

Anonymous said...

I will definately have a garden plot instead of "pots" next summer! I enjoy tending to my veggies!:)
I think of wee Joshua quite often and am joining in "praying him home"! I so want to see a smile but a true smile will be when he gets to his loving family!♥