"Do the next thing."
--Elisabeth Elliott
I'm very grateful for the "next things" the Lord has given me to do. I've found the past few days rather...what's the word...difficult in a deep way. Meaning, I can go about my business with relative ease, but there's been a tug on my heart. I don't know how else to explain it. It washes over me. The only answer to it is seeking God's promises and comfort in prayer. I keep my blue Joshua journal up to date with the promises God shows me, the prayers I need to pray, the answers He graciously bestows, and the requests my heart seeks of Him, over and over.
I'm grateful for the things I have to do in front of me. At least I can keep busy.
So, the weekend promises to keep us all busy. Many activities. The Lord's Day begins the HBC Missions Conference. It looks as though Wednesday we'll get a special treat by heading back up to my mom's. Steve has a business trip in PA, so he's going to drop us off with Nan & Paw.
Specifically, here are our prayer requests...would you join us?
I'd love to hear that Joshua's entered IBESR. That would be the BEST birthday present for ME (July 20) ever!!!!
We know that when Joshua exits IBESR (which is unpredictable, but we still need to be ready) we'll need $4500 to deliver to Haiti. We're currently brainstorming our minds for heavy duty, big money making fundraisers. Please pray for our effort.
That God would continue to sustain us. There are more difficult moments than others. Yesterday I had one of those, "What were we thinking??? I'm not patient enough to endure this waiting and wondering!" kind of moments.
I'll close with some promises God has graciously shown me as I seek Him...
Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.
1 Peter 4:19
1 Peter 4:19
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10
May You Have A Wonderful Weekend, From Our Crew To Yours!!!



5 comments:
We can't wait to see you again!
Is Steve planning on laying over in Columbus??
♥ Ya'll...and pray daily for the adoption process and for dear ♥Joshua♥!
I meant to change the above comment to Mom...doh!!
doh...I did it again!
I miss you so much! I can't wait to see you and talk all about baby Joshua!
:)
Praying for your (and so many of you) as you wait ...
for strength and peace in the wait,
tara
PS- Happy belated Birthday!
Post a Comment